The New Permission System
The new permission system has become even simpler and more intuitive. The names of permission types have also been changed to role-based and the locations, such as Workspace, Project and SiteView, have been added to the front of the names, making it easier for the users to intuitively understand what level of permission they have in which location. As part of this update, we will automatically transfer the current permission settings to the new roles, as per our new permission structure. (See here for more information)
- Team Admin: An administrator for the entire team. Admin can create and delete Workspaces, and add administrators or members to the Team, Workspace, and Projects. In addition, Admin has access to all the functionalities that Workspace Admins can use. The Super Admin or other Admins can designate an Admin in the Team Settings.
- Workspace Admin: An administrator for a Workspace. Workspace Admin can create and delete Projects, and add administrators or members to the Workspace, and Projects underneath. In addition, Workspace Admin has access to all the functionalities that Project Admins can use. Admins or other Workspace Admins can designate a Workspace Admin in the Workspace.
- Project Admin: An administrator for a Project. Project Admin can create and delete SiteViews, and add administrators or members to the Project, and SiteViews underneath. In addition, Project Admin has access to all the functionalities that Project Members can use. Workspace Admins or other Project Admins can designate a Project Admin in the Project Admin Center. Please see the screenshot of the new Member tab in the Project Admin Center Above.
- Project Member: A member of a Project who has access to additional functionalities within the Project, including SiteInsights, Deviation Check, and capturing using the CupixCaptureApp. Project Member does not have administrative permissions to add other members to the Project or SiteViews underneath. However, Project Member has access to all the functionalities that SiteView Members can use. Please refer to the screenshot of the new Member tab in the Project Admin Center above.
- SiteView Member: A member of a SiteView who has access to all the functionalities within the SiteView they are invited to. However, since this is not an administrative permission type, SiteView members cannot add other members to any SiteViews. SiteView members have access only to the SiteViews they are invited to. For more information, please refer to the screenshot of the new Member tab in the Project Admin Center above.